There has been a lot of talk recently about blending Matcha with other teas. I am a HUGE supporter of tea blending and Matcha is no exception! One of my favorite “hot weather” combinations is a Iced Jasmine Matcha Latte. It combines two of my absolute favorite green teas- Jasmine Pearls and Matcha. Add just a touch of sweet cream, or any other sweetener and a splash of milk (or milk substitute) and you have the perfect iced tea latte!
1 1/2 tsp Imperial Grade Matcha
4-5 tsp Jasmine Pearls Green Tea
10oz water heated to 175ºF
Italian Sweet Cream (optional)
16oz Cup (I’m using a glass) full of ice
1. Heat the water to 175ºF
2. As the water heats- sift 1 1/2 tsp of Matcha into a Matcha bowl
3. Once the water is at the correct temperature, add 8oz of water to the Jasmine Pearls and let steep for 3 minutes- If you plan to use a sweetener add to the Jasmine now to allow it to dissolve
4. While the Jasmine is steeping prepare the Matcha
5. Once the Jasmine has finished steeping, add it to the cup of ice.
6. Optional- I like to use an electric whisk on my Matcha before I add it to my Jasmine. This gives my latte a nice foam at the top
7. Add Matcha to the Jasmine
8. Optional- Add a splash of Sweet Cream or any other Milk/Milk Substitute product you’d like to taste
Now Enjoy Your Iced Jasmine Matcha Latte!!