Where to Buy: Breville USA
The new Breville Tea Maker is a revolutionary tea experience. The fully automated tea basket moves down, then up, gently agitating the leaves to precisely infuse your tea. Push the basket button and watch the basket cycle in and out of immersion. Seeing is believing.
Learn more about this product here.
Yeah, I know I reviewed this before. I’m revisiting this product because if you’ve been reading my recent posts, you are aware that I recently had a tragedy involving my beloved One-Touch Tea Maker: I broke the carafe or “jug” as it’s called by the manufacturer, Breville.
I was devastated. I was so depressed about it that I failed to write reviews for a few days.
This appliance – seriously! – is my most used appliance in the household, second only to the refrigerator. The refrigerator counts as the most used only because it’s always running. But, I operate my Breville One-Touch more often than I use the stove or washing machine or toaster or any other appliance besides the one appliance that needs to be plugged in and running constantly.
So, when I broke the carafe, I was heart-broken. I’ve had this appliance for four years now and had become dependent upon it. It not only brews my black and green teas as well as tisanes perfectly, but, it also heats water to the perfect temperature so that I can brew Oolong, yellow and white teas properly. (I brew Oolong and Yellow teas in my gaiwan and my white teas are steeped in a separate teapot because I find that the bulk of the white tea leaves works better in a ceramic teapot.) How was I supposed to heat water now? Ack!
Yeah, I know. #FirstWorldProblems right? Or maybe it should be #SpoiledTeaBloggerProblems.
Anyway, I broke the carafe on a Sunday. I visited the Breville website where the parts and accessories are sold. And there, I could buy a replacement lid, the power base, basket, basket lid, even the cute little tea scoop that comes with the unit. But the jug was no where to be found on the website. What? How could that be? I sent off a customer inquiry email to inquire about how I could go about getting a replacement carafe.
By the next day, my devastation has turned into despair, so rather than waiting and hoping for a reply from the inquiry email, I called the customer service line the next day only to learn that the reason they don’t sell the jugs is that it’s not cost efficient. It’s a complex piece of equipment, and apparently it would be too expensive for them to manufacture them for sale. My option at that point was to buy another unit.
Later that Monday afternoon, I received a call from the customer service department of Breville, and it was as though a ray of glorious sunshine shone down on my doom and despair! They offered to send me a refurbished One-Touch Tea Maker at no charge to me if I sent them my still in working condition power base. So, I sent them my power base, and I was notified immediately by email that my “order” was being processed. My new (well, refurbished!) Tea Maker arrived a week later and now I’m brewing tea again! Yay! A happy ending to my depressing tale.
There are two reasons why I am revisiting this review:
- In its absence, I was reminded of just how awesome the Breville One-Touch really is. If you are a frequent tea drinker – if you drink more than one or two cups of tea a day, you really SHOULD get yourself one of these remarkable appliances. You will love it. Yeah, I know there’s a certain charm to brewing tea the old fashioned way, but, once you realize how much more tea you will enjoy with one of these devices … you will be happy you got one for yourself. It’s the best thing invented since Shennong had a few leaves from a tea tree fall into his cup of hot water. (Check out that story here.)
- I really felt I needed to comment on Breville’s spectacular customer service! Hey, they didn’t HAVE to send me a refurbished unit at no cost. I had my Breville for four years! And I used it every single day of those four years, save a day or two when we might have been on a day trip or something (we haven’t been on vacation in a while!) I am BIG on customer service. I refuse to buy another Samsung product because I received shoddy service from them many years ago. And by the same token, if I find a company that treats me well, I’m going to be sharing my story of love for that company to anyone who will listen. I love Breville, and when I buy other products (I need a blender soon as well as a food processor!) I’m going to be looking for Breville because I know they’re a brand I can trust.
Thank you Breville! Thank you for your exceptional customer service! You have a customer for life!
Where to Buy: Enjoying Tea
An excellent tea maker that is practical and simple to use. Made of durable food grade plastic. Stainless steel filter included. Dishwasher Safe. Approx capacity: 600ml (20.4 fl oz).
- Place tea leaves in the Smart Tea Maker.
- Add boiling water.
- Steep tea to your taste.
- Place the Smart Tea Maker on top of a cup or mug and let the tea drain into the cup.
- Remove the Smart Tea Maker to stop the flow. Your tea is ready to serve.
I drink a lot of tea (you may have already noticed this about me!) And when I drink my tea (all day, every day!) I like to do so out of a rather large mug (16 – 18 ounces!)
What I don’t like to do is use a lot of gadgets when I make my tea. For me, when it comes to tea, the fewer gadgets and the simpler the preparation… the better! I just want to have a full mug of tea without having to drag out all my fancy gadgets. I just want my tea!
This Smart Tea Maker from Enjoying Tea understands this! It is the perfect size to fill my mug – and all I have to do is add the right amount of tea to the chamber, pour in the hot water (or boiling water, depending upon what type of tea I’m brewing), and let it steep for the correct amount of time. When the tea is finished steeping, I just sit the Smart Tea Maker on top of my mug and the tea drains into my mug – strained and ready to enjoy!
No additional strainer necessary or other fancy gadgets necessary. Just my favorite mug, my electric tea kettle, tea leaves, a timer and this Smart Tea Maker.
The only thing that would make this Smart Tea Maker any simpler would be if it actually heated the water for me and had a built in timer… but then… it would probably cost a bit more. As it is, you can get this amazing device at the unbelievable price of just $12.98 (on sale, it is regularly priced at $14.98 which is still quite reasonable in my opinion!)
I love this Smart Tea Maker!