Leaf Type: Herbal Tisane
Where to Buy: Mighty Leaf
Chamomile Citrus herbal tea is a refreshing infusion perfected to curl up with and savor by the sip. Made with Soothing Egyptian chamomile flowers and subtle slices of citrus fruit, this vibrant blend will rejuvenate the spirit. From intoxicating aroma to sweet flavor, this signature herbal tea infusion in our silken tea pouch, our gourmet teabag twist, with chamomile, fruits and herbs reflects our vision of the artisan tea experience.
Learn more about this tisane here.
I have made mention in the past of my dislike of chamomile. OK, so I don’t hate chamomile. But I just don’t love it. I don’t think that I’ve ever thought: “You know, I’d really like a cup of chamomile tea.” That just has never really happened, because there are so many other things I’d rather be drinking. That said, sometimes, I need to chill out and relax, and chamomile does a good job of instilling that sense of calm that I want.
Much of my dislike of chamomile stems from past experiences of drinking teas made of crushed chamomile blossoms in a tea bag. Yuck. Fortunately, a lot of tea companies realize that when the chamomile blossom is whole and not crushed into dust, the brewed liquid tastes better. Mighty Leaf figured this out, and I can see through their silky pouches that the chamomile used in this Chamomile Citrus Herbal Tisane is beautiful, big blossoms combined with citrus peel, lemongrass, lemon myrtle and other herbs.
The citrus flavors combined with the naturally sweet, apple-like flavor of the chamomile offers a pleasant taste that’s easy to sip. The primary flavor here is the citrus flavors, followed by chamomile. I am happy to say that I don’t taste a lot of hibiscus here, although I do find myself wishing that I tasted more of the spearmint. I only taste very faint hints of mint in this cup.
Overall, this is a pleasant cup of tea. Not something I’d drink everyday, but I can see myself turning to it when I needed something to help relax. It’s very soothing and it’s tastier than plain chamomile.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our readers in the United States, and to those outside of the US, I wish you a happy, warm and healthy day!
Tomorrow is the biggest shopping day of the year here in the United States … it’s also known as Black Friday! And while many will be rushing out to their favorite department stores and electronics stores to get the some of the best bargains of the year … I want to remind you that there is also some really amazing deals on TEA available online on Black Friday!
Here are just a few … please keep in mind that this list is in no way complete, and is compiled based on the information that companies have sent me. If you are a tea company offering a Black Friday deal, please feel free to comment below and tell us about your deal! Tea shoppers want to know!!!
BLACK FRIDAY DEALS
- A tea company that is new to us here on SororiTea Sisters but did give us the opportunity to try out their amazing new system where we can design and create blends ourselves is Uniq Teas! It is so easy and FUN to design your own blend! There are many different flavors of teas to choose from, and you can choose the percent of which flavor goes in to the tea. I had a blast creating my blend – Click here to see my blend. You can also click here to see TeaEqualsBliss’ Blend, and click here to see Azzrian’s Blend. Uniq Teas will be having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale: 50% off PLUS get a free tea ball infuser with your first order.
- One of my favorite tea companies, Kally Tea is also having a special Black Friday sale – one day only! All tea orders placed on Friday will be automatically DOUBLED! That means if you order 2 ounces of Tangerine Spice, you’ll get another 2 ounces of Tangerine Spice FREE! Order 4 ounces of Almond Fondant, get another 4 ounces of Almond Fondant FREE! This is a great sale to stock up your tea cupboard … and also a chance to share some of your favorites from Kally Tea with friends!
- Another favorite company: Della Terra Teas has a super special Black Friday sale going on. 40% off all teas from midnight until 10 pm on Black Friday, with a special Door Buster sale where select teas will be 60% off from 6-8 am, then again 3-4 pm, and finally from 9-10 pm (all times are EST), and other deals will be going on all weekend long, through Cyber Monday … be sure to check their website for more!
- Mighty Leaf is having a 30% off sale for Black Friday that has been going on all week! And don’t forget that you get FREE SHIPPING with all orders that are $50. or more!
- Another SororiTea Sisters favorite – Verdant Tea – is planning a very special Black Friday! On Black Friday, they will be unveiling “two new kinds of tea never before tasted in China or the West.” Wowza! I can’t wait to find out what these teas will be! They also state that they will be offering some special deals on Black Friday too … you definitely need to check them out!
- Tea Licious is also having a Black Friday special that begins tomorrow, November 23 and continues through November 30: Save 30% on all Black Teas … and save an additional 5% on Friday and Saturday (November 23 & 24) by entering the code BF2012 in the coupon field at final checkout! In addition, you will receive FREE samples of their three newest teas with EVERY order!
- Lots of SororiTea Sister favorites offering deals this Black Friday! Here’s another: Persimmon Tree Tea is offering 20% off on all their teas all weekend long, starting today and ending November 25th.
- The Tea Merchant is offering a Happy Saturday (instead of a Black Friday) sale, Save 25% off all tea and tea ware this Saturday only, just use the code 25Special in the coupon field at final checkout to enjoy your savings!
- Peony Tea S. is offering 30% off on all teas and 20% off on all tea ware! This sale will be going on through Sunday, November 25th.
- Harney & Sons is offering Free Ground Shipping on all US orders now through November 26 (Cyber Monday!) But savings with Harney is not available ONLY to US customers… International customers can receive a $5.50 credit toward their shipping charges by using the code: Black12.
- Teajo has a great bunch of offers for Black Friday through Cyber Monday: FREE shipping on all orders over $25, 30-45% off their entire selection of teas and tea makers, a NEW 12 Tea Sampler for just $25, plus Double Rewards for Members!
- Samovar is also having a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Save up to 50% on select teas and tea ware through November 26.
- Den’s Tea is having a special Thanksgiving sale that will extend through noon on Black Friday. Save up to 30% on selected tea, tea gifts, tea ware, tea accessories and books!
- Adagio Teas is offering Free Shipping on all orders through November 26.
- Maeda-en has a special holiday sale going on now through 12/16, Save 20% on selected teas.
Also of interest (I hope) is this: SororiTea Sisters will be hosting another giveaway that will start tomorrow at 6 am EST. Just visit the blog, and read the announcement to win something very exciting. This is the Season of Giveaways here on SororiTea Sisters!!!
I am sure that many other tea companies out there are offering specials on Black Friday … so if you know of any, please feel free to add them in the comments, or as I said above, if you’re a tea company and want your information included here, add a comment with a link!
So, after you’ve had time with the family and enjoyed the fantastic feast, be sure to get some tea shopping done! Happy Holidays, everyone!
Leaf Type: Black & Green
Where to Buy: Mighty Leaf
A classic twist on Earl Grey black tea, Beatles Blend black tea hearkens back to the roots of the Beatles’ homeland. We start with traditional Earl Grey, and then add in a rich, malty tea from China, reminiscent of an English Breakfast tea. We balance the blend with an Indian tea that speaks to the Beatles’ avid fascination with and travels to India. Finally, we top it off with a twist of jasmine culminating in a blend destined to become a star.
I must say that when I read the company description of this tea, I was very intrigued. Intrigued enough to order some!
I mean, I love Earl Grey, I love jasmine, and I love the idea of a “malty tea from India” being included this blend (Assam, perhaps?) All of these qualities were what inspired me to place that order.
And I’m really glad I did. Because it is REALLY good, once I managed to figure out the best way to brew it. You see, I didn’t stop and read the ingredients completely before brewing it… and as it turns out this is a blend of black and green teas and it really shouldn’t be brewed with boiling water… it makes for a slightly bitter bite that hits on the back of the palate.
Instead, steep at about 175° – 185° F, and steep for about 4 minutes. This will extract enough flavor out of the bold, brisk blend of black teas without causing the more delicate green tea leaves to scorch and release a bitter taste in the brew.
Once I figured this out (seriously, it took me a few times of brewing it, because I didn’t stop and read the ingredients! Next time I’ll do this a little smarter! haha!) I really got to enjoy a delicious cup of tea.
The bergamot here is not overwhelming in the cup. Instead, it is more of a back note to the malty, rich, baked flavor of the black tea. The blend of the black tea here is absolutely sumptuous.
The jasmine plays a very soft but essential note to the overall taste of this tea. The light floral note adds a little bit of beauty to something that might otherwise be a little too course… and as I contemplate this cup of tea, I realize just how perfect a tribute to the Beatles music it is… their music was vibrant and alive and always beautiful in its own way.
And so it is with this tea.